I guide managers in small and medium size enterprises, business units, and organizations in the science of creating data-driven revenue tactics. I help bridge the analytics talent gap that exists in the Revenue Planning profession by building customized pricing models, automated reporting, anaytical processes and a Culture of Analytics Thinking. I consult on-site and remotely.
Here are Some of the Questions I Answer
What is the combination of price changes that will give us the most Total Profit? What is the best pricing strategy to re-position my brand(s)? What rate should I offer a specific group? How should I price each distribution channel? When and what type of marketing offers are needed to drive demand?
Which Analytics tool is most applicable to solve a particular pricing problem? Can a problem which affects profit be solved mathematically or predictively? How can I formulate a specific challenge into a research question?
How can I leverage technology and math to make the thousands of pricing decisions I have to make? How do I automate recurring decisions that are specific to my company’s unique pricing strategy? Which data mining algorithm is best suited to address a particular challenge?
Have the demand patterns changed significantly? What is the likely demand given a certain price offering? What revenue and profit can I expect? What is the demand pattern by market, channel, product category, purchasing window, and customer type?
Typical Revenue Analytics Projects
- Identify the underlying principles, reasons, or facts for financial results by breaking down transaction data into granular levels.
- Translate or explain to upper management what information means and how it can be used .
- Provide revenue strategy and functional expertise and leadership to C-Suite, Functional Mangers, and owners.
- Provide training, mentoring, coaching, and leadership to staff, from novice to seasoned.
- Analyze competitive sets, price positioning, seasonality, mix and displaced business using advanced mathematics.
- Analyze data from all available systems to identify developing trends, future need periods and obstacles to achieving financial and operational goals.
- Provide recommendations to improve effectiveness of pricing strategy.
- Determine the demand and price elasticity for all goods and services. Determine optimum operating hours and menu prices for all departments.
- Develop tools to analyze total revenue patterns and make recommendations on how to best maximize revenue for each department.
- Build systems and processes to generate quantitative metrics and data analysis to drive management decisions that can increase cash flow and asset value.
These are Some of the Automated Reports and Models That I Have Built
- Automated Revenue Optimization Models
- Yield Models
- Inventory Availability Optimization
- Competitive Strategy Analysis
- Channel Optimization Model
- Optimal Market Mix Analysis
- Customer Spend Analysis
- Labor Standards & Scheduling Optimization
- Customer Behavioral Analysis and Segmentation Guest Scoring
- Integrated Data Reports
- Marketing Analytics Models
- Promotion Effectiveness Studies
- Real-time Forecasting
- Google Analytics Reporting
- Profit Drivers Analysis
- Menu Optimization Analysis
- Total Demand Models
- Total Profit Optimization Models
- Advanced Key Performance Indicators
- Decision Rules Documentation
Technical Skill Set
- R Package
- Crystal Reports
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Powerpoint
Analytics Skills Set
- Data Exploration
- ETL [Extract, Transform, Load]
- Data Mining
- Data Integration
- Confidence Testing
- Market Basket Analysis
- Segmentation Behavioral Analysis
- Guest Scoring
- Predictive Analytics
- Multivariate Regressions
- Decision Trees
- Classification Trees
- Neural Networks
- Time Series
- Process Models
- Operations Research
- Discriminant Analysis